1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disk cache ??

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Waitin4Jesus, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waitin4Jesus

Waitin4Jesus Thread Starter

Will somebody please tell me what is "disk cache" and how do I clear it ?? :eek: I am still soooo computer challenged, but I thank God for you guys, you always pull me thru whatever muddle I get in, Thank you all. :D
    Wanda
    P.S. My bank always tells me to clear my "disk cache" ......and I don't know how. :confused:

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, There are two things they may mean.

Open Internet Explorer>at the top, select Tools>Internet Options> Click Delete Files. Clear History.

Now for Cookies> clearing these will mean that you MUST have a good record of your passwords and login names at sites that use them, such as your bank, any other sites you have registered at and sign into> the first time you go back to those sites, you will/may have to type in your login name and password, and then on you can login automatically (the site will "recognize" you). It's a good idea to clear cookies, but take the precaution noted if you do.

Then, in normal Windows(for XP) from Start>All Programs>Accessories>Disk Cleanup
    For win9x: Start> Programs>Accessories>Disk C.

run that, checks into temp, Temp Internet Files, and Recycle Bin, make sure you have not put anything in the Bin you need...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice