disk cache ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Waitin4Jesus

Will somebody please tell me what is "disk cache" and how do I clear it ?? :eek: I am still soooo computer challenged, but I thank God for you guys, you always pull me thru whatever muddle I get in, Thank you all. :D
Wanda
P.S. My bank always tells me to clear my "disk cache" ......and I don't know how. :confused:

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, There are two things they may mean.

Open Internet Explorer>at the top, select Tools>Internet Options> Click Delete Files. Clear History.

Now for Cookies> clearing these will mean that you MUST have a good record of your passwords and login names at sites that use them, such as your bank, any other sites you have registered at and sign into> the first time you go back to those sites, you will/may have to type in your login name and password, and then on you can login automatically (the site will "recognize" you). It's a good idea to clear cookies, but take the precaution noted if you do.

Then, in normal Windows(for XP) from Start>All Programs>Accessories>Disk Cleanup
For win9x: Start> Programs>Accessories>Disk C.

run that, checks into temp, Temp Internet Files, and Recycle Bin, make sure you have not put anything in the Bin you need...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online