Disk check on startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muhammad22

This post is not related to the discussion unfortunately. But does anyone have any idea how to stop the consistency checker that currently seems to be activated every time i start my pc?. I've found how to start it in dos. But nothing so far on the net for stopping it. I am running WIN XP PRO on a dc7700p hp Compaq cd bought just yesterday!. hellllppppp!!!!!!

crjdriver

I put this in the win2k / xp forum. When you have a problem, you need to start your own thread.
FWIW if you bought this yesterday, just take it back and have whoever sold it to you get it fixed.

See if you have it listed as a Scheduled Task - if so delete it.
Control Panel _ Scheduled Tasks.

You may have a Restore Point that you can use.
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Sysatem Tools > System Restore.
Select a date prior to your problem - if one exists.

Failing that I would be inclined to take it back - unless it is a problem you have created.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online