Disk Clean up gone bad: ordinal not found/nothing downloads

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sltsunflower17

Hello,
My hp computer (Windows 7) was running slowly and randomly freezing and I did a disk cleanup. For the cleanup I removed all the things that were suggested (about 12GB of material). The computer works quickly now but has a bunch of new problems. Every time I turn it on I get about 20 Ordinal not found messages, and when I try to open programs such as itunes I get messages such as "iTunes.exe-Ordinal Not Found: The ordinal 701 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll." followed by the pop up "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall itunes. Error 7 Windows Error 182". Other programs such as spotify and word starter have been effected similarly. I tried to download itunes again but Google Chrome won't let me download itunes now (or anything at all) and the message "Failed-blocked" comes up. I tried unchecking " Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" but there has been no progress. Also in the process of the disk clean up internet explorer has seemed to delete itself off my computer and when I try to open it I get the message, "The item 'iexplore.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly."In addition I have tried doing the SFC /SCANNOW in Command prompt but that has not resolved any issues. I'm currently studying abroad with limited tech support so thank you for any help or advice!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
and I did a disk cleanup.
which disk cleanup
It does not to me sound like the disk cleanup in system tools

It appears to have all the indications of some third party disk cleanup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online