1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk Cleanup HELL!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Sithtradmus, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sithtradmus

Sithtradmus Thread Starter

Hello, I do disk cleanup regularly, well anyway, sometimes, out of the blue, it will freeze, take like 10 min, then system error reports archives and such with say like 43GB each....

Now, if I delete these, it delete half the files and stuff on my system, wallpapers, programs, everything.....

My HDD won't gain any space...I cleanuped up over 214MB and such off my thing, I didn't check the error reports in fear of loosing me files again....

This problem has been the result of the last FIVE system restores I've had to deal with....please can someone help me...

Symptoms...
    I click run disk cleanup, it takes awhile, out of bad luck or something, maybe my ram counts to low, comp freezes up, it takes about an extra 5 min....
    When it does come up, all those error archive reports say 43GB and such...if i delete them deletes nearly everything on my comp....
    I now can't gain any HDD space, even after clearing everything, nothing will change.....

2. Sithtradmus

3. Sithtradmus

so no one can help me huh...

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you tried deleting those error logs? Check the boxes and run cleanup.

5. Sithtradmus

I said I did....then it deletes everything on my computer...please help me, I can never gain any space back, I cleaned up all the temporary files on my computer...still nothing...

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

When you choose to delete the error logs, everything on your computer gets deleted? So, you had to reinstall already?

7. Sithtradmus

No, but I had to re-install the last 5 times on this computer because of that problem...please help...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!