1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk Defragmenter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cellyron1348, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cellyron1348

Cellyron1348 Thread Starter

Hey, I just used the disk defragmenter on my C: Drive so that I could have just a little more space but the thing made less space! The drive was at 10 gigs and it went down to nine... I know its not alot but still, I thought that this was supposed to free up space not take some up!

2. COCOCOOKIETECH

COCOCOOKIETECH

Hi! When you do a Defrag, you are organizing your files on your hard drive. Disk defrag put all those chunks of data together so next time you access that data the process will be much faster. If you wanna free up disk space, go to My Computer, make a right click on your hard drive letter-Properties and under the "General" tab click "Disk Cleanup" button. Or you can download this utility: CC Cleaner; it's free. Hope that helps. Ciao!

3. daz1

daz1 Banned

i would add to that,windows disc defrag is very poor much better to use a third part one as an example iobit v2 is worth having and on same page free disc defragger try then to see if any better
    http://www.iobit.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice