disk detective

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bearrosson

I just posted a thread, but I accidentally closed my browser. I am new here, so I don't know if it was saved, so I'll place it again.....
I ran across a file on my computer stored in notepad (WIN XP) with the confirmation information from the manufacturer and the pay pal transaction information of buying a two year subscription to disk detective, which I vaguely remember as a cleaning tool (registry, HDD, etc.). It doesn't expire until May of 2011, but I can't find any reference to it on my computer upon doing a search of all files and folders. I searched the internet and only found freeware file recovery tools. Any suggestions on how to find the company, so I can get the utility back since I paid for it?

Hello! I'm really happy to have found your website! I hope you can help? Two nights ago I had sound. When I woke up the next morning, gone. No more sound. I've tried a bunch of things. Downloads,turning on and off,and now my defrag. says chck/disc /f. Is there anyway I can go into the registry to turn soundmax back on? also on the defrag. what do you suggest? Thank- you! Sincerely, Mike 100

bearrosson

I would go to My Computer>Device Manager and check your sound card options and see if may have been bumped off by another app or with the downloads, you may have two entries fighting for the same segment of memory or irq. Beyond that, you're probably down to reloading your Windows "over the top" to clear any multiple entries. If you're not comfortable with that, take it down to your computer shop. If you have your Windows disc (and you should), it shouldn't be more than about 25 to 50 bucks and you would be sure it's done right and all your settings (programs, etc.) will be the same as you had. Good Luck......

TerryNet

Terry
Closing dup.

mike100, for help please start a new thread, probably in the forum for your operating system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts