1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disk detective

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bearrosson, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bearrosson

bearrosson Thread Starter

I just posted a thread, but I accidentally closed my browser. I am new here, so I don't know if it was saved, so I'll place it again.....
    I ran across a file on my computer stored in notepad (WIN XP) with the confirmation information from the manufacturer and the pay pal transaction information of buying a two year subscription to disk detective, which I vaguely remember as a cleaning tool (registry, HDD, etc.). It doesn't expire until May of 2011, but I can't find any reference to it on my computer upon doing a search of all files and folders. I searched the internet and only found freeware file recovery tools. Any suggestions on how to find the company, so I can get the utility back since I paid for it?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  3. mike100

mike100

Hello! I'm really happy to have found your website! I hope you can help? Two nights ago I had sound. When I woke up the next morning, gone. No more sound. I've tried a bunch of things. Downloads,turning on and off,and now my defrag. says chck/disc /f. Is there anyway I can go into the registry to turn soundmax back on? also on the defrag. what do you suggest? Thank- you! Sincerely, Mike 100

4. bearrosson

bearrosson Thread Starter

I would go to My Computer>Device Manager and check your sound card options and see if may have been bumped off by another app or with the downloads, you may have two entries fighting for the same segment of memory or irq. Beyond that, you're probably down to reloading your Windows "over the top" to clear any multiple entries. If you're not comfortable with that, take it down to your computer shop. If you have your Windows disc (and you should), it shouldn't be more than about 25 to 50 bucks and you would be sure it's done right and all your settings (programs, etc.) will be the same as you had. Good Luck......

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Closing dup.

mike100, for help please start a new thread, probably in the forum for your operating system.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice