1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk drive seek 0 failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Audiomad, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audiomad

Audiomad Thread Starter

I'm having a lot of problems with my pc I removed some software trying to fix problems I was getting and I ran into other problems.

My dvd drive has not worked for over two months I did not need a new one so never changed it but I had a problem with the computer and I noticed in Safe mode it works "The DVD Drive" I want to do a clean reinstall of the system but because The disc wont read I cant how ever in safe mode I still cant do a clean reinstall be what ever happened to the computer I'm getting Disc drive seek 0 failure and its blocking me from using the reinstall disc : I get a drive selection failure when using the disc :

Also my computer seems to be detecting a floppy drive how ever I don't have one or ever had one.

I also notice my ram / cpu usage are around 80% all the time its one of the reasons I wanted to do a clean install.

Please help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your post makes little sense due to the fact that you used no punctuation. You have one giant sentence.

If you disc drive is broken, you will need a new one. Otherwise you need to enter the BIOS setup and place the DVD drive as the first boot device in the boot list so that the computer boots from the DVD not the hard drive.

You can turn off the floppy drive by entering the BIOS setup, press DEL or F2 when turning on the computer, find the floppy drive setting and disable it or set to None. This is whats causing the disk drive 0 seek failure, not the DVD drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice