1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disk drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by icemallet, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icemallet

icemallet Thread Starter

Ok, when i put a floppy disk in my disk drive, it always says, this device is not ready, why is this, also i tryed doing a scan disk but it keeps on freezing.

2. MCP

MCP

It sounds like a bad floppy drive, which is not uncommon. Try replacing it.

3. icemallet

icemallet Thread Starter

ok i put in a differant disk drive, i can see the file, but when i try to copy the file to my desktop it makes a illgeal operation..
    then it says..

This operation has be cancled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Please contact you system admin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice