Disk Imaging Software?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pokechop

im looking for some disk imaging software or backup that has the capability to only "update" the drive so to speak. basically so it doesn't take as long, like only add files that werent previously there and update files that have been changed. does anyone know of a good software for this that is freeware? i tried to use XXClone, and the first time to 100% clone it took 55 minutes for 80GB which is expected, but it has an option to use "/hyper" which they say only copies files that are new and the ones that have been edited. immediately after cloning it the first time i did it again with the "/hyper" activated, and it seems to go faster at first, but it starts to copy my movie files, which were not touched and not edited, along with all the other files that have not changed. i suppose i could do a raid mirror, but i don't want both drives to be running all the time when not necessary, i want to be able to hook up my backed up drive in time of failure only, and im only going to backup monthly or so.

The pay ones will almost all do this, of course. You'd have to check these individually to find out which have what features. Even though I have tried most of them, it was almost always with a complete backup. Acronis has the ability to make differential, incremental, and file/folder backups. If you want just file/folder backups that are only updated with changed files, look at these:

Karen's Replicator
Cobian backup
JaBack

For whole partition backups, these are more the ones:

Free Drive Cloners/Imagers:

XXClone
CloneZilla
Partition Saving
PCI CloneMaxx
Drive Image XML
EaseUs Disk Copy
HDClone
DriveClonerXP

Commercial Apps:

O&O DiskImage
Acronis True Image Home
Keriver Image
Avanquest Copy Commander
Paragon Drive Backup
NovaBackup
R-Drive Image
Norton Ghost
HDClone Pro or Enterprise
Terabyte Image for Windows
Terabyte Image for DOS (can directly access FAT, FAT32, and NTFS partitions)
Spotmau Disk Clone & Backup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online