Disk lost in All in One computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Athena12

I inserted a disk into my Toshiba DX730 to read the (photo and video) files. The drive would not read the disk and when I attempted to eject it, the drive was empty - so presumably the disk has fallen into the computer somewhere.

All in One computers are relatively new to me - I purchased this, my first, in June 2012. Can anyone tell me how difficult it might be to locate and extract the 'lost' disk?

I am taking it back to the (local) suppliers, who say t might be a relatively simple matter, on the other hand, it might not...
Has anyone any idea what I might be 'in for'? Might it be something I can remedy myself?

Shall be grateful for some advice.

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
I'd be very surprised if the disc is in the computer. The CD/DVD drives are typically just standard models, which are enclosed. So there isn't anywhere for the disc to go.

In any event, your only option is to open the case and look.

this is probably a job for a tech being that it is a all in one monitor type computer........... if its still in warranty let the supplier/mfr take care of it
if its out of warranty....... how good are u with a screwdriver? its your call!!!

Athena12

Thanks Oddball and replay for your responses. The computer is still under guarantee and I'm taking it back to the local suppliers today. I was just amazed that the disk could get 'lost' like that. As you say, Oddball, doesn't seem anywhere the disk could actually go. It was all so much easier with the old CPUs - but then this was my choice as I have limited room since moving to a small flat.
Grateful to you both and hope my local techie guy can get me out of this hole!
Cheers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online