1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk lost in All in One computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Athena12, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Athena12

Athena12 Thread Starter

I inserted a disk into my Toshiba DX730 to read the (photo and video) files. The drive would not read the disk and when I attempted to eject it, the drive was empty - so presumably the disk has fallen into the computer somewhere.

All in One computers are relatively new to me - I purchased this, my first, in June 2012. Can anyone tell me how difficult it might be to locate and extract the 'lost' disk?

I am taking it back to the (local) suppliers, who say t might be a relatively simple matter, on the other hand, it might not...
    Has anyone any idea what I might be 'in for'? Might it be something I can remedy myself?

Shall be grateful for some advice.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    I'd be very surprised if the disc is in the computer. The CD/DVD drives are typically just standard models, which are enclosed. So there isn't anywhere for the disc to go.

In any event, your only option is to open the case and look.

3. replay

replay

this is probably a job for a tech being that it is a all in one monitor type computer........... if its still in warranty let the supplier/mfr take care of it
    if its out of warranty....... how good are u with a screwdriver? its your call!!!

4. Athena12

Athena12 Thread Starter

Thanks Oddball and replay for your responses. The computer is still under guarantee and I'm taking it back to the local suppliers today. I was just amazed that the disk could get 'lost' like that. As you say, Oddball, doesn't seem anywhere the disk could actually go. It was all so much easier with the old CPUs - but then this was my choice as I have limited room since moving to a small flat.
    Grateful to you both and hope my local techie guy can get me out of this hole!
    Cheers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice