Solved Disk Management confusion

Abie2

Are you even using 64-bit Win7?
Yes, definitely ....

Here is some info about that software:
https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/simplix_updatepack.html
"The Sponsored Search by Quick Forms add-on provides you with a New Tab page and Homepage that includes a search bar to quickly search the web, quick links to popular sites, access to various form sites, as well as the ability to perform web searches powered by Bing.com from your address bar. Click “Continue” to install our New Tab Firefox Extension."

The above in quotes is what i got going to that link...seems to open a can of worms...Bing browser, add on of Firefox and etc. I don't see why i need it anyway...i did not the first time i installed win 7 5 years ago. I knew I spoke too soon, now i see a small black box near my task bare reminding me of it being an invalid version and yet it keeps asking for my Product key, which i have entered numerous times that i almost have them in memory...lol.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
On the page that link above takes me to, I clicked on one of the circled links and the software started downloading. I stopped it halfway through because I don't need it.

1632023664081.png

You don't need it, but it looks like it is supposed to install several updates that you'd end up downloading piecemeal. I haven't used it and haven't had a Win7 system in a couple of years now. I was one of the holdouts for a while, but my latest system I built for Win10.

Abie2

On the page that link above takes me to, I clicked on one of the circled links and the software started downloading. I stopped it halfway through because I don't need it.

View attachment 290969

You don't need it, but it looks like it is supposed to install several updates that you'd end up downloading piecemeal. I haven't used it and haven't had a Win7 system in a couple of years now. I was one of the holdouts for a while, but my latest system I built for Win10.
Will these so called updates activate my Win 7? I think not. Like I said, its a way for Micro in getting you to use their browser, Bing. If only I could speak live to someone in Microsoft. Its disheartening to know that u buy a legitimate product and they tell u it is not.

Johnny b

John
About 2 years ago or so, my Win7 Home that came installed on a HP computer suddenly complained it wasn't 'Genuine'.
I searched the Internet but none of the recommendations worked until our administrator suggested a fix.
It worked.
Sorry, I don't remember what it was but if you search using my screen name and terms like 'Win 7' and 'genuine' you'll probably find it.
Or ask Cookiegal if she remembers.
As I remember it was posted in the Win 7 forum.
And it was a simple fix.
Although I've used the automated phone call process to MS to activate Win 10, with no issues, I don't remember having to do that to solve my problem with Win 7.

Maybe it'll work for you?
Good luck.

Abie2

I found it as you suggested and it sounds just like the problem i have been having, only today i did not get that message about '1706' or a number as such. BUT, doing the run routine and cmd, I could not get it to run as administrator. I right clicked all over it and i do not get that option, so I did not go any further. One snag after another.

Abie2

I found it as you suggested and it sounds just like the problem i have been having, only today i did not get that message about '1706' or a number as such. BUT, doing the run routine and cmd, I could not get it to run as administrator. I right clicked all over it and i do not get that option, so I did not go any further. One snag after another.
I found it as you suggested and it sounds just like the problem i have been having, only today i did not get that message about '7601' or a number as such. BUT, doing the run routine and cmd, I could not get it to run as administrator. I right clicked all over it and i do not get that option, so I did not go any further. One snag after another.
This is a followup ....i finally got through by trying to capitalize all letters in the cmd unit and these (2 ) are what i got and wonder if you could explain to me by refreshing your memory what it is telling me. Thank you.

Attachments

Johnny b

John
Hi Abie2.
If you are addressing me, unfortunately deciphering those .jpgs is beyond my abilities.
I'm not one of the local experts :D

Abie2

Hi Abie2.
If you are addressing me, unfortunately deciphering those .jpgs is beyond my abilities.
Hi Abie2.
Hey, i will take any info that is offered. I just thought that when i read u went through the same situation as i am going through now and according to your post, succeeded, that you would know the next step you followed. Like you, those jpgs responses is beyond me also. I guess it takes a guru. Thanks anyway, so i am right back to square one, unless someone else reading those jpsg can make sense out of them....ah...microsoft.

Johnny b

John
.......................ah...microsoft.
Displeased?
Frustrated?
Just pointing out that there are alternatives to MS.
After you get WIndows settled, check out Puppy Linux.
It's been said it's not for everyone, but it works for me and who knows, maybe you, too. :)

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Abie, I understand you got it working. Please let us know how this came about. You can also mark your thread "Solved" if you wish.

Abie2

Abie, I understand you got it working. Please let us know how this came about. You can also mark your thread "Solved" if you wish.
Hi, yes....daily i kept get warnings about activating and this time i tried again and i saw an option to do it over the phone via automated voice. She asked questions and i respond. At the bottom of the info, there were empty box's A to H and am told to enter the numbers she was going to give me in each respectful box. I followed and then she asks after i entered the last one, 'did i receive any error'. I said 'no', and she said, 'Fine, your activated'. Now, here comes the rub...I was doing this on a copy of the activation box, not the original, so I 'fibbed' when i said "No" at the end, cause i did not have the option being on the original...I hope this is not confusing. The fact is, for a couple of days I had no warnings about activating it...so maybe a 'fib' got me through this. I have no idea if I would have gotten an error, if I did the program on the original. BTW, I also did the download of Simplex as u recommended and it went well.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK. I'm glad you finally got this one solved! Congrats!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online