1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk read error and BSODs on Lenovo G510 (Windows 7, 64bit OS)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TayyabShaukat, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TayyabShaukat

TayyabShaukat Thread Starter

Hey,
    I'm getting error message on reboot saying "A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After 2 or 3 times the laptop starts normally. I also get occasional blue screens of death with error message "Stop 0:0x0000000F4". I have re-installed windows, checked my drivers. Hard drive and RAM is working fine.
    Is there anything I can do software wise? I'm using windows 7, 64 bit, 4th Gen OS. My laptop model is Lenovo IdeaPad G510.
    Any sort of help would be highly appreciated. :)

2. DiamondDog

DiamondDog

The next time you're able to boot into your system I would recommend running CrystalDiskInfo to check your hard drive's health. It's a nifty little freeware application that I find pretty helpful. It has yet to fail me. Just google the name and you should be able to find the download site, it's usually the first result.

3. TayyabShaukat

TayyabShaukat Thread Starter

Hey DiamondDog,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm currently using the device. I forgot to mention that the disk read and blue screen errors are random. Sometimes I don't get the error for a day and sometimes it happens successively.
    I just ran CrystalDiskInfo . It reported back drive "Health Status" as Good. I also ran the Seagate diagnostic tool and did all the mentioned tests. Still no faults with the drive.

4. DiamondDog

DiamondDog

@TayyabShaukat

The reason why I suggested Crystal Disk is because that particular Stop error usually pertains to an issue with the HDD itself... at least from my experience. What I would suggest next is opening a CMD window with admin rights and running a chkdsk /f /r command to have windows check the integrity of the drive on the next boot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice