1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk space - kept decreasing & fluctuate without my adding/removing any.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elee11, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elee11

elee11 Thread Starter

Happy New Year!
    I kept getting "low disk space" warning many times. I kept deleting it. whichh cleared new space.
    But, then it kept shrinking until it became zero. I turned it off and turn on the computer again. It creates more disk space for a short time, but I get the same "low disk space" warning after I delete so mcuh space like G bytes.

Can you please tell me why and what to do? I have window xp.

Thanks a lot!

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You need to delete the contents of your temporary folder and your browser caches on a regular basis.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    How big is your hard drive? How much free space is left on it?

4. elee11

elee11 Thread Starter

Where can I find browser cache?

It is 55.8 GB. But free space was 0 and went upto 600 MB after I cleaned up some temp files.
    After two days again below 200 MB. All I did was to play CD and check emails and download less MB MS and PDF files.

Thank you!

5. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

You should at minimum always have 15% of the drive free for Windows to operate correctly. Untill you do that you will have that issue constantly. I never go below 20% myself.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Which browser? Most have a clear cache on exit in their Options which is NOT set by default.

CCleaner will do them, and a lot of other things, but be careful with cookies as you actually may want to save some of those. The other things it pre-selects should be OK.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice