Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disk Storage Space

834 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I have a 14-ds-0xxx HP stream laptop rated 64 gb when I bought it 64-bit with windows 10. I got out of control with youtube videos about three weeks ago then added the browsers google chrome and firefox to the already existing microsoft edge and maxthon 5. The free disc space got reduced to about 3.47 gb and a system restore was not completed succesfully.
I removed google chrome but I almost did not recover any free disk space.
In recent days the reported this pc free space had been fluctuating between about 3 gb and only about 50 mb untii it seems is stabilizing at about 320 mb and the browsers edge firefox and maxthon work satisfactorily for me.
I tried to use 117 gb of free sd card soace as hard drive space. but the sd card does not show in internet explorer and it does not get there when doing the steps according to a youtube video for using free sd card space for this pc free disc space. I formatted the sd card but maybe I did not do it correctly.
I I can be given information that can help me add available disk space using an sd card I appreciate.

#2 ·
I have a 14-ds-0xxx HP stream laptop rated 64 gb when I bought it 64-bit with windows 10.
A laptop that comes with a 64 GB(59 GB actual capacity) storage drive doesn't allow you the luxury of installing several apps and storing several videos in it.

Why do you have so many installed browsers?

Have you removed the stored videos?

What's the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that laptop?

-------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
Today this pc displayed about 2.3 gb of free space.
i used to listen to sleep music every night from a youtube video using the maxthon browser and listning tot he recitation of the rosary i firefox.
I have uninstalled firefox and I almost did not get any added free space. I have microsoft edge on the sd card.
I just have a total of about ten bookmarked you tube videos.
The product number is 3C312UAH#ABA The serial number is 5CD024G12N.
I have CCleaner on the sd card and I used when it popped on recommending me its use about five days ago.

#6 · (Edited)
dragster1981:

According to that serial number, you have THIS HP Stream 14-ds0013dx Notebook PC.

According to its support site, it was purchased on July 21, 2020 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit in S mode.

According to its product specifications section, it came with these specs:
AMD A4-9120E 1.50 GHz dual core processor
4 GB DDR4-2133 MHz RAM
64 GB eMMC solid state drive
SD media card reader
3 USB ports (data transfer only)

It does not appear to have an option to add an internal 2.5" solid state drive to it.
It does not appear to have an option to upgrade its hardware.

-------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
I had a friend bring one of these Stream laptops to me to get Windows running. The SSD is part of the motherboard, there is no expansion capability for the drive or the RAM. It's strictly a very low-end appliance machine, you have to live within the existing limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.