disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

solidone

HELP

I am sitting here with a notebook and a desktop, plus I have a cavalry 500GB USB hard drive.

At first I could not get the USB hard drive to show up, so I tried a different cable, and it started working. With the new cable I was able to see the USB hard drive and play a song on it.

Now the USB hard drive is telling me that it is not accessible, and the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS PLEASE?

thanks

alameda

I don't have a solution, but note I have found the following about USB drives (hard or CD/DVD), through experience.

• USB drives can be very unstable
  • Firewire (aka IEEE 1394) external drives are rock solid
This does not help you with your Notebook, but may explain your problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online