1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disk troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sunshine00, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshine00

sunshine00 Thread Starter

I am having problems printing off of a disk, when I go to print a document a dialog box comes up saying that there is an error in spooling........ and when I click ok another box comes up saying that I have performed an illegal operation. I was told that the disk had gremlins in it before and I have never heard of that before. Can it be fixed? :confused:

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

Are you saying that if you copy the file from the diskette to the hard drive and then print it, you don't get this error? Are you further saying that any diskette placed into your floppy drive produces the same problem?

If the answer to both those questions is truly yes, I'd go ahead and drop the five bucks it'll cost you to replace that floppy drive. If, however, the answer to either one is no, well, pitch that diskette and start over.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice