Disk won't import!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jonrjon

Hello,

I took out my secondary HDD to back up some files on my sisters pc in order to format and reinstall XP.

On putting it back in my pc it will not import my 'foreign' disk (which has 2 partitions) and kicks of the error code and event log as shown in the attached pictures.

The event log say's it cannot import disks with the same name? Since the disk will not import I cannot see it in 'My Computer'.

Device manager says it installed and working properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jon

Attachments

jonrjon

hello,

yes the disk is dynamic simple.

Thanks for the links Bob, but it's starting to get above my understanding.

Is there a simple way to recover the data on the disk?

Thanks, Jon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online