Diskeeper

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nudexp

Hi ... Has anyone ever heard of this software ? and If so . What can you say about it ?

Thanks ....

Diskeeper is one of the top Disk Deframenters available - it's actually a more advanced version of the NT> deframenter, by default installed in Windows, which is made by the same company.

nudexp

Hi ... Its sad though if Diskeeper is one of the best , I have purchase this software and I been trying to get some sore of support for this product , I have send many emails to them and yet not one single response , I am so tick off with them I have ask for a refund and still I haven't recieved not a single word from them , for a product that is supposedly be good , really suck when it comes to refund and support , Even on their website it states 100% guarantee 30 day money back , Well if I don't hear from them my only choice is going to the credit card company and demanding a full recredit of my purchase , I hoping things don't go this way , I would hope that they will stand by their words

Hi nudexp.

Yup, I tried the Trialware version for awhile. I found it a good program but since I was using other defraggers, I decided I didn't really need to purchase one.

It is quite true that DisKeeper is made by the same company (Executive Software) as the Windows defragger. I now use http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1207 (DisKeeper Lite) which is the Freeware Version.

Another I use & find good (Freeware) is http://www.majorgeeks.com/O&O_Defrag_2000_Freeware_Edition_d4545.html O&O Defrag which also works on XP.

Regards,

Hawk

nudexp

Thanks Hawk1 !!! I will give those programs a look at .. I fianlly got a hold of Diskeeper and I been told that I will be receiving a full refund (y)

nudexp said:
Thanks Hawk1 !!! I will give those programs a look at .. I fianlly got a hold of Diskeeper and I been told that I will be receiving a full refund (y)
Let us know how you get along please.

Regards,

Hawk

MysticEyes

Banned
The whole defrag thing has been beat to death. There is really no need to spend money on products that don't really do anything better than XP's own defragger.

Unfortunately I've seen no independant data/figures/tests that back up any performance gains following XP's own defrag with another.

From PCWorld:

Defraggers

Best Bet: Windows XP Disk Defragmenter

As you create, delete, and edit files, they become increasingly fragmented--scattered in pieces all over the hard drive. A defragger reunites these pieces. We used to say that defragging would speed up a system, but with today's larger, faster hard drives, that no longer seems true.

On a desktop system from the PC World office with a heavily used, never-defragmented hard drive, the lab conducted speed tests using a range of applications before and after defragmenting the drive with each utility. In the end, the Test Center saw no significant performance improvement after defragmenting with any program.

The PC World Test Center's tests reveal that defraggers don't actually improve performance. And Steve Gibson, president of PC consulting firm Gibson Research Corporation, confirmed our findings.

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,113743,pg,8,00.asp

Another:

http://techbuilder.org/showArticle....U0BLZPSQSNDBCCKHSCJUMEKJVN?articleID=59201471

MysticEyes said:
The whole defrag thing has been beat to death. There is really no need to spend money on products that don't really do anything better than XP's own defragger.
Who said anything about spending money? Did you read my post? The two programs I mentioned are FREEWARE.

XPs own defragger is made by Executive Software the same Company that makes DK Lite, with one exception, DK Lite is better than the Windows XP defragger.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online