1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Diskpart help

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Majorbadger01, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Majorbadger01

Majorbadger01 Thread Starter

I was doing a reset on my pc and half-way through I got a black screen. So I went into bios and tried to find a way to wipe the drives thinking it would start back to factory setting and I had my usb with windows 10 on it, to boot windows up when all else failed. So I went online and found a command prompt where you type in "diskpart" or "view all disk" and I cleaned all the disk I had which was 0,1,2. While my usb was in the pc. So when I reset my pc to boot up windows through my usb it just says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert proper boot media in selected boot device and press key" and it says this when ever I try to boot it up anything. I'm kinda new to this and I just need help

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Was your bootable Windows USB flash drive plugged in when you cleaned drives 1, 2, and 3? If so, and it was one of those three drives, you have wiped it as well ... which means it can no longer boot because there is nothing on it.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Yep. It sounds like you wiped out both your computer's hard drive and USB thumb drive. :(

Assuming your computer is a factory-brand one and not a self-built one, what is its brand name and model name and model number and serial number?

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Can you try the Usb stick on another computer ? That will show if it's empty or not.
    If it's not empty you may need to change the Bios setting to make it the first drive in the boot order before it will work.
    Also you can download Windows 10 if you need to and make a new Usb stick.

5. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
  6. Majorbadger01

Thanks for the reply, I'm not concerned about saving the data, I wiped the usb and put windows 10 back on it and made it the first to boot, the message about "rebooting and selecting proper boot device still pops up" and looking back on it I'm not 100% sure if the diskclean had something to do with it

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  7. Majorbadger01

Thank you for the reply, I tried I put windows 10 back on the usb and booted up and it still says "reboot and select proper boot device." It's a asus
    AS CM6730 CP I32120/BG
    PF7 - 2400 1900062

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing you have an ASUS Essentio CM6730 desktop which has an Intel Core i3-2120 processor and which originally came with Windows 7 or Windows 8 64-bit.

You will probably have better success doing a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit in it if you create and use a bootable DVD.
    You can obtain what you need from HERE.

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. Fdm1619

Fdm1619

Can someone help me I have the same problem but I didn't do any wiping just booted it up and it gave me the same message

10. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Fdm1619,

Please start your own post with your specific issues to offer the best help and not confuse the op. Thank you

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice