1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dislay Driver Error Nvidia GeForce 7300GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baslowx2, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baslowx2

baslowx2 Thread Starter

Hello all,
    I am really needing help with a problem my Dell XPS 420 is having. As in the title I have an Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT gaphics card. One day I noticed that my computer rebooted all of a sudden. When I logged back in it said that "the display driver has stopped working and has recovered successfully." This happened quite a bit and then I got an error message saying "NVLDDMKM error". Online research found this to be an error with my graphics card.
    Now my computer has rebooted once again but now I cannot get it to the main login screen at all. It has what looks to be a lot of "tiny boots" all over the screen and dots, then it says windows could not start, with the options to try and find repair or start normally. Starting normally just makes the computer keep restarting, and the repair says that it cannot be repaired. I cannot even get logged in to download any drivers. Am I up the creek and having to buy a new card?
    HELP!!
    Oh yea, and my wifes laptop (Inspiron) said this morning the same error and recovery message but with IGFX?! Both computers are running Vista BTW.

2. frustratedad

frustratedad

This could be a heating issue.
    Have you sprayed your CPU fan/HS with some air? Along with your GPU?
    The graphic anomalies are a big sign that the GPU is overheating and causing
    artifacts. If cleaning the dust doesnt work, try updating drivers.
    If that fails, it could be time to replace the card.

3. baslowx2

baslowx2 Thread Starter

Thanks. I will give that a try and let you know. So overheating can cause the graphics card to just crash like that, or just dust? Interesting. The problem with updating the drivers is that I cannot get windows to start correctly. It never lets me to the login screen anymore. I will try your theory though.

Thanks a lot,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice