1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dispaly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pcnut2, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcnut2

pcnut2 Thread Starter

when I boot up my PC the monitor doesn't come on. I assume it is the video card. I put in a new video card but still can't get the monitor to work. The monitor is good, used it on a different PC. How can I get the old PC to boot up in safe mode and recogize the new video card to complete the installation?

2. norton850

norton850

Did you replace the onboard video with a video card? If not the problem probably isn't the video card. Reseat your RAM. Does everything seem to be working otherwise? Do you hear Windows boot up? Did you get the POST beep?

3. parthagoswami

parthagoswami

The Solution:
    While Booting Into Xp During The Startup Process Press The F8 Key. In The Choices Menu Go To 'VGA MODE' And Boot Into Windows. Now Once You Have Booted, Go To The 'control Panel' And Then To The 'display' And Then To The 'settings' Option And Change The Resolution To 800x600 Or Less. Restart Into Winxp Once Again In Normal Mode And Load The Proper Drivers Of Your Video Card. You Cannot See The Display Because The Drivers Of The Video Card Are Not Loaded Properly Or The Real Drivers Are Not Loaded At All. Cheers. Partha

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice