1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display adapter problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ensom, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ensom

Ensom Thread Starter

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I hope that you can help me. So, I have a laptop, Acer Aspire 5552g more precisely. It is about 4 years old. I use Windows 7 home premium and my specs are 4GB ddr3 RAM, AMD Athlon II P340 - Dual Core Processor 2.19 GHz, 64-bit operating system, my BIOS is Insyde H20 Version V2.04 and my display adapter is AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series. I always had some issues with my laptop and I think it's because of overheating. I would always find I solution for my problems caused by the overheating dammage, and I have bought a laptop cooler so the heat is not the issue right now. So, this time I can't find a solution anywhere. Let me describe you my problem. So, half year ago my laptop started to give me blackscreens and my display adapter would not respond and my screen starts flickering and then it's all normal again. This happened few times and after that, I couldn't do anything in the normal mode when I boot my laptop. I have tried alot of things like updating my drivers (though they were up to date already), installed 3rd party programs for fixes and driver updates and things like that. After all of this, I did the factory reset and my laptop had some issues again, but I've managed to solve them by driver updates. Few months passed and now my laptop has issues again. First thing that I've noticed is some green dots on my screen while I play games. Then my laptop started crashing and when I reboot it, I would get a black screen. So I hold the power button for a minute while my laptop is unplugged (I don't use battery since I have problems with that too) and then plug it back and my screen worked, but it was very dark. I decided to to a factory reset again and after that, it worked fine for some time. Now I have issues again, it started with the green dots, then crashing and black screen, and now, I can't even boot to the normal mode because when I pass the windows logo, I get that blue screen with error. I am sure I don't have any viruses because I did not download anything not verified and I didn't plug any external memory devices yet, and I have avast antivirus. I can't currently take it to a repair or buy new parts since I don't have any money. I am still in the school and my parents can't spare any money for that right now. One of the things that I didn't try is overclocking, but I have no idea how to do it and should I do it. I have always managed to find a way around my problems but this I just can't solve, so please help me. Sorry for the long text, I just tried to give you as much information as I can.

2. FargoItTech

FargoItTech

Overclocking is not going to fix your issue. It may just cause more. There could be a lot of things going on. You could even have permanent damage from heat if you had previous problems with overheating. The drivers is where I would start but not necessarily with the video driver. I would find the motherboard manufacture and model number and see if you can't find chipset drivers first. I prefer getting drivers from the manufacture website, The only 3rd party driver software I've found to work is driver booster 2 Pro, but you have to be careful as it tries to install other software during the install and uninstall.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice