Display Adapter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kermit_6969

I was updating my display drivers on my new Vista rig.

But the display adapter change from NVidea GeForce to a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

Is there a way to change the Adapter back to what it suppost to be? Am having some gaming issues when launching some games. Saying that the display adapter isnt compatible with directx.

Appreciate any constructive input/feedback. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Where did you get the updated drivers for your card? Is this a different computer than the one in your computer specs profile?

kermit_6969

I just went to the device manager and did an update driver software on the display adapter. And it automaticly went and installed that standard VGA Graphics Adapter over the Nvidia Geforce adapter.

This is a new gaming rig that I just finish building. So yes not same system as in my profile. Thats why I included the DxDiag.txt file.

kermit_6969

Thanks Triple6... I knew I should done that instead...

Btw, is there any way to change the adapter to read the card instead of the "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" Tried to uninstall it and have it detect it from the CD but it just put the standard adapter back on.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Running the NVidia driver install should correct that.

kermit_6969

Awesome...thanks for the assist/info... That fix the problem I was having.

You guys rock! B-)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online