1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display adapters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lilzak, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilzak

lilzak Thread Starter

big problem. i recently went through hell to get into my cpu after someone changed my password, only to find that my display adapter is in trouble. i can only see in 16 colors (which sucks) and i can't get my display to change to a higher setting. i tried downloading drivers for my monitor and my video card which is a sis5595/620, nothing helped. to add insult to injury, i mistakenly deleted my standard display adapter, which took display adaptors off of my device manager list. if there's anyone out there that can help, it'd be greatly appreciated! by the way, even the internet sucks when you can only see in 16 colors!

2. dzones

dzones

you need the drivers for that first of course. try downloading them from driverguide. just make sure you get the right ones. if i remember correctly the sis drivers are executable.

ok first off use safe mode to delete all reference to old monitors and video drivers (do this from device manager).
    after you restart in normal mode, re-install the driver for the video card.
    restart the machine and you should be ready to go.
    good luck

3. lilzak

lilzak Thread Starter

thanks everybody for your help. i fixed the problem. thanks to techsupportguy.com!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice