1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display changed after creating a new user account

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Asi, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Asi

Asi Thread Starter

Hi

I created a new windows user account. After logging into this account, I noticed that the display of the fonts where changed. I mean the icons text, the text that appears on the Internet explorer Address, the text on the blue windows header and general text etc...
    It is turned to be blurred ot out of focus.
    Now, also when I logged back to the previous user account, the problem occurs also here and I can't get rid of it.
    I tried changing the screen resolution but I can't change it to 1024X1280 so I use 1024X768. I don't remember what I used before. when I change it to 1280X800 - that is the closest that I get to what I had before but not enough.
    also on the right click on the Desktop -> properties ("Display properties") -> settings, I see 2 Dsiplays:
    1. Plug and play Monitor on Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
    2. (Default Monitor) on Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

I can't cause the 2nd display to work. When I choose it, press OK and enter back to this screen I see that the 1st Display is selected.

On the "Device Manager" -> Monitors , I see 3 "Plug and play monitor" devices. All are working properly.

I'll be happy if you could help me.

Thanks
    Asi

2. draceplace

draceplace

Adding the user may have been a coincidence. The problem may be the video card or monitor going out?

3. BUCK_EYE_66

BUCK_EYE_66

Just for giggles. Try a system restore. (y)
    If it works. Maybe leave well enough alone?

4. Asi

Asi Thread Starter

so no possibility for monitor going out..

How can I adjust the video card ? Is it through the device manager because all of the devices are updated ...

I tried system restoer but no gain

thanks

5. draceplace

draceplace

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/583904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice