display config + error start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flowers

2 problems...
I had to reinstall windows me… my own fault.....
- I ran norton utilities (optimise start up' and this caused my system to crash and i couldn't restart. I foolishly tried starting up from my windows millenium cd and ended up reinstalling the operating system.
this subsequently led to 'display adaptor not configured properly'
I eventually managed to sort things out (i think) but...
I had to then reinstall my palm desktop software and now get

ERROR STARTING PROGRAM
A required .DLL file, KKWBL.DLL was not found
OK

On starting up. I click ok and it goes

Also My icons are now ‘fuzzy’

In properties, appearance I have them set to size 33
Settings are true colour 32 bit 800x600 pixels
My preferred setting

Any suggestions I'd like to get back to 'default' windows settings

Hi there!

Well, if you reinstalled windows over a corrupt version...even by accident...you've pretty much sealed your fate.

When Windows gets installed over a corrupt install, then all you are doing is a temporary fix. Normally just to recover data.

Since you're having even more problems, your best bet would be to backup your data to floppy, zip, CD-R etc...then format and reinstall cleanly. this will give you a stable version of Windows to work with!

Hope this helps!

ST

flowers

many thanks

do you know of an idiots guide to reformating and re-installing

mark blackmore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online