1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Control Panel

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stevearmstrong, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevearmstrong

stevearmstrong Thread Starter

HELP! I can NOT change my wallpaper/background or my screensaver- or even access my "display" properties in control panel- each time I click on any of the display properties, I get the following message:

"Your system administrator disabled the Display control panel"

Since I am the only user (and only administrator) I do not understand. I can right-mouse-button-click on an image and set my wallpaper/background, but none of the other display properties.

Please send me help! You can also email me at-
    [email protected]

Thanks!

2. steve65

steve65

What operating system? Is your pc on a corporate network, and if so, are you the Network Admin?

Steve

3. stevearmstrong

I have Windows XP (home version/upgrade)

4. prodsupptech

prodsupptech

what you need to do is go to the control panel and user accounts see if there is besides your account an administrator account. you should also be able to add yourself as administrator

5. stevearmstrong

Thanks for the replies! Under the control panel- I am listed as as the Administrator and the ONLY user :(

The 'help' section of windows mentions something about the 'recovery console' but I can't access that.

Please continue to help me :)

-Steve

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!