Display Darkens After Entering Fullscreen Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rico549

Problem:

A few seconds after I select "Fullscreen" in any video player or game, my display darkens significantly as if I had adjusted the monitor brightness all the way down. After checking, the monitor brightness still reads what I had previously set it to when this occurs. The display brightness returns to normal upon exiting fullscreen.

This occurs with ALL tested fullscreen applications on my two AOC monitors. I only see it consistently occurring in one case on my LG monitor so far; when I select fullscreen for Path of Exile. Note that "Windowed Fullscreen" does not cause this problem for any of the displays.

PC Hardware:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
ASUS ROG STRIX x570-e ATX Motherboard
2x 8gb G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 RAM
EVGA RTX 2070 Super GPU
Seagate 650W Gold PSU

Displays (side by side/surround orientation):

1: AOC C24G1 24" Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor via Display Port
3: LG 34GK950F-B 34" QHD Curved IPS Gaming Monitor via Display Port
2: AOC C24G1 24" Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor via Display Port

Summary/Other Info:

My PC is running Windows 10; I've tried and checked everything I know of in regards to Windows settings including "auto-dimming" and Power Saver settings which are not visible under the Display Settings or Power settings. I have changed and toggled every setting possible in the displays menus. All display and GPU drivers have been updated and rolled back to rule out driver issues.

Until now, I have been aimlessly checking and looking through the Nvidia Control Panel for a solution. Any help out input on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Final note: this PC build is less than one week old and this problem has persisted since day one.

Thank you.

Rico549

Solution:
Change main display to to one of the AOC 1080p monitors and suddenly the problem goes away.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online