1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Doesn't Wake

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkicon, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkicon

Darkicon Thread Starter

I have my monitor set to go to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity. Once it goes to sleep, it doesn't wake back up unless I either restart the computer or power cycle the display. Being that the BIOS wakes it up with no problem, I assume my computer just isn't sending the wake signal. By the way, the monitor is a Hanns-G HH281.

I have PCI-e link state power management turned off and input auto-search on the monitor turned off. No matter what I try I can't seem to get it to wake up normally. Once it goes to sleep, I have about 10 seconds to move the mouse or press a key to get it turn on, but once the light turns orange and it displays no signal, I have to power cycle it.

Can anyone offer some insight into this issue? Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1161396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice