1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nabl3t, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nabl3t

nabl3t Thread Starter

Computer service technician should be able to recognize that i guess?

2. black-wolf

black-wolf

They will have the equipment necessary to test it.

3. nabl3t

nabl3t Thread Starter

I have been running on 7200GS now for about a 4 days nonstop (24/7) without any issue whatsoever..

I considering buy Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4550 512MB for like 20$. For this reasons:

-To save on computer service testing my pc. (Do it myself with another card)
    Cant use 7200GS because my GF is using it in her PC.
    -Sending 7750 back to manufacturer and getting it fixed or replaced, might take a good month if not more ... Meanwhile I will need to use my PC, so Ill buy cheap used card to be able to do so. Guess I wont get much more value for 20$ than 4550 512mb, dont wanna spend too much over 20$ unless there would be great difference in performance for little few $$ more. If u have some cards in mind with even 1gb memory, please let me know about them.

One question: could it be that both my older computers are somewhat incapable to run 7750 therefor both giving same issues with "driver stopped working". They have both now 500W PSU's, & PCIe slots, W7's

4. black-wolf

black-wolf

In this case I think the card may be defective. Although I have been reading that a lot of people are having issues with the 7000 series cards, Sometimes it takes a while for the manufacturers to get drivers that will will work on all systems.

5. nabl3t

nabl3t Thread Starter

What do you think about this:

Its from Directx diagnostic tool 64. Talks about my display drivers I believe. Could it be related to my problem?

6. black-wolf

black-wolf

No it's just not digitally signed yet by microsoft. That doesn't have anything to do with whether it will work or not.

7. nabl3t

nabl3t Thread Starter

Is sapphire 7750 and radeon 7750 same thing? I ll try to mess around with different drivers I found on the internet a little.

would amd catalyst 12.4 be suitable drivers pack to install on my card?

8. black-wolf

black-wolf

Shappire manufactured your Radeon 7750. Other companies manufacture RRadeon 7750's like XFX or Power Color, ASUS, etc.

You should get your drivers from the manufacturer's website, that being Sapphire. I linked you to that in post # 2.

9. nabl3t

nabl3t Thread Starter

Tryied those with no success as you know.

I have question, I will order this card if it will work on my MB. GIGABYTE R545D3-1GI

its hd 5450 card, says it has PCIexpress 2.0 slot, so it should work I assume?
    costs little more than 20$, but has 36 months guarantee, so ill better buy new one paying few$$ more than buy cheap used without guarantee, so my question is will it work on my MB? If yes ill buy it.

10. black-wolf

black-wolf

They are backward compatible, so it will work.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055259