1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Driver error causing blank laptop screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nargila, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nargila

nargila Thread Starter

Hello all, hoping I can get some help with this.

I have an HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop computer with an nvidia video card. I do not have all the specs handy but due to the problem I'll explain below.

I had been playing WoW for a while when occasionally the game would freeze and my monitor would switch off and on and there would be a message stating the display driver had to be reinitialized. I didnt think anything of it but then it happened one time and I got a blue screen message that flashed on and off quickly before the computer shut down. I couldnt make out much beyond "display driver error" and when i turned the computer back on the monitor was totally blank no matter how many times i rebooted. I let the computer sit for a while unplugged and with the battery removed and it began working properly but then it happened again and now it is not returning to normal. I cannot see anything but I can hear the computer working. Anyone have any ideas what I can do about this?

Thanks

-N

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

boot into safe mode, uninstall the graphics drivers then restart into normal mode...then download the relevant graphics drivers...and instal them

3. nargila

nargila Thread Starter

I wish i could run it in safe mode but it does not display ANYTHING when the computer turns on. Not any of the normal boot up text or the "Windows is loaidng" screen, nothing at all. The monitor is definetly on and the computer has power but nothing is displayed.

4. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

If the laptop is new then return it to Dell, or ring them up. Sounds like the video card may be bad.. especially considering it displays NOTHING now.

5. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh f you cannot get it to display at all...lets just hope its under warrenty still!!!!:) hehe

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/656709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice