1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Driver going mad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apar089, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. apar089

apar089 Thread Starter

Hello, as you can read the title my problem is with my graphics card driver which wont let me use him. I had a post before here for my BSOD problem, it was solved thank God but after maybe 6 months a new problem arose.
    Right now my Display driver is disabled, i went safemode to shut it. i tried uninstalling it, rebooting and it would boot up to my desktop but as soon as I open any programs windows will install a driver automatically and then ask me fora reboot, then I'll reboot and after the windows logo shows right before I can see my desktop the monitor will shut off teling me that there's no signal cumming form the gfx. Everything's fine without the driver, I've tried a few different version of drivers but it seems it wont accept them. Anybody had the issue with mine please share how to solve this madness this sorcery!

Acer Predator G3610
    i5-2500 3.3ghz
    8gb RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GT530
    Acer23'' monitors x2
    Windows7 Ultimate x64

You can read on my previous post on BSOD graphics card related here http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=1086265&goto=newpost

2. dai

dai

see if you can borrow a 80+ quality 550w to try in it

acer uses crap psu's,while searching for the one in yours

i found a thread that said they shipped one with a 560ti card

and the psu was the same as yours a 500w max power and it needs a quality 750w

3. apar089

apar089 Thread Starter

if its a PSU problem why is it normal when the display driver disabled? i dont think its a faulty psu.. or is it? btw I have no access to an extra psu..

4. dai

dai

it then goes to the standard vga which call for a lot less power than the video card

which is a step we use to check if the psu output has dropped to lower than required to run the card

which indicates the psu is either starting to fail or is underpowered in the first place

name brand of computers are built to a price,and only have to last out the warranty

then it is your problem not theirs

5. Netghost56

Netghost56

Have you tried updating or rolling back the driver?

6. apar089

apar089 Thread Starter

yes i did.. rolling. uninstall. install, different versions, driver sweeper, ccleaner.. its always does the same every time display driver is enabled..

7. Netghost56

Netghost56

I would swap PSUs then. If that doesn't fix it its probably the video card. Could have a bad GPU.

8. dai

dai

if the video driver is installed correctly there should be nothing to roll back to

in the device manager uninstall the video card
    reboot tapping f8 and choose low resolution mode
    when windows finishes rebooting
    disable a/virus
    install your drivers
    reboot the computer

ccleaner is not recommended it can cause more problems than it fixes

9. apar089

apar089 Thread Starter

but windows automatically installs the driver when it doesn't find one installed.. I have already disabled automatic driver installation but still it keeps on installing by itself, I cannot chose what driver to install..

10. dai

dai

if you follow the method above you should be successful

11. apar089

apar089 Thread Starter

@dai, i kinda did the same method, but all done in safe mode,.. I downloaded an earlier Driver(2011 version) rebooted in safe mode, Uninstalled the current driver, Rebooted again in safe mode, Installed the 2011 Driver, rebooted normally, and Done! thanks for your help!

12. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

13. apar089

apar089 Thread Starter

actually I think that was a partial thing. Two days ago it happened again but was able to reboot normally but booting in safemode then rebooting. The new problem now is its having crashdump(bluescreen). Its getting worst and worst, what the hell is happening??? not to soon I'll be the one going mad..

14. dai

dai

what is on the bsod

15. apar089

apar089 Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice