1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display driver help (win 95)

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by courtlandhui, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. courtlandhui

courtlandhui Thread Starter

i have installed 3.1 with the write display driver (super vga 800x600 16 bit) then i upgrade to windows 95, the install works fine with the super vga, but after the installation is over, and win 95 is fully installed, it uses vga, even though i told it to use super vga. now when i boot it after the windows 95 splash/load screen, its black. how can i change the driver (note that i can't see windows)? Thanks!

P.S. booting into safe mode doesn't work also, since it also uses vga (and screws up).

2. TOGG

TOGG

3. courtlandhui

no, i need a way to change the driver, from using F8 in the boot. such as msdos or waht not.

4. courtlandhui

bump! please!

5. evil6630

evil6630

In Start F8 then select Command Prompt Only after that just type (Scanreg /restore) they welll restore your registry (Even Drivers Also) after that run your window u find default VGA Driver now you can change the Driver

if any problem appear then tell me

6. courtlandhui

scanreg is a bad command...

7. dr20

dr20

Have you tried doing a repair of Windows 95 by installing it over itself? If you decide to give it a try you might have to rename the Win.com file in Windows. Boot with a startup disk and at the A:\ prompt type:

c:

At the C:\prompt type:

cd windows

At the C:\Windows prompt type:

ren win.com win.old

8. courtlandhui

yea, but i just need to change the display drivers... 3.1's worked well, but after installing to 95 it screws up. maybe i'll format and install to 3.1, unless u guys can help me to change drivers.

9. courtlandhui

u know wat. i'm gonna go reinstall 3.1 thanks for u r help guys, unless some one can think of a way...

10. evil6630

evil6630

Try Regedit /restore

i didn't remmember exactly

11. courtlandhui

doesn't matter any more, formated installed dos and installed 3.1, i guess i'm gonna leave it that way. thanks though!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice