1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Driver Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theslayer14, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theslayer14

theslayer14 Thread Starter

Before my driver started crashing, every program can run without problems. But now I can't play any games without getting display driver crashes.

I have tried Updating the bios, installing/uninstalling video drivers, removing overclock but nothing works.

I will not do a clean install because I know its not virus related and I scanned my computer many times with different tools

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 625766 MB, Free - 362327 MB; D: Total - 327999 MB, Free - 315831 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Crosshair IV Formula
    Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

2. UserBarZero

UserBarZero

Have you tried rolling back drivers and simple windows restore? ( I'm not sure if uninstalling is the same as rollback)

Windows re-updates drivers on purpose apparently it might be installing new drivers, that happen to not work for you, as a rule.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    This would indicate to me a possible issue with a newer version of the drivers. Try rolling back to an older version and see if the problem persists.

You can scan your PC everyday with every available tool, it still won't guarantee you will be virus freem. However, this doesn't sound virus related.

4. theslayer14

I was using the driver that already installed by my computer maker and it when the driver started crashing I tried to update it

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Interesting. Have you checked your temperatures and PSU voltages?
    How old is the PC?
    It is a factory built machine (i.e. Dell, HP, Acer etc) or a custom / self build?
    Have you ever updated / upgraded any hardware since you bought it?

The driver failure could be due to a failing PSU or a failing GPU, not guaranteed to be one of those but they are possibilities. Download and install HWMonitor, it will give you an idea of the temps and voltages (assuming the machine has the necessary sensors). Get two screenshots and post them here, one with the system at idle (just sat at the desktop) then, with HWMonitor running in the background, run a game for about 5 mins and screenshot it again, post both in a reply.

6. UserBarZero

UserBarZero

ah for some reason I didn't put windows 7 I meant that one not "windows"
    proly doesn't matter^

7. theslayer14

The PSU voltages and temps are in the HWM files posted.
    The PC is 6 months old
    Its a costum build
    I haven't updated/upgraded any harware

The HWM files are in the attachments. NOGAME is the idle one and GAME is the played one. I cant post a screenshot because it wont fit

Attached Files:

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    your +12vdc is a little on the low side. Can you post the Manufacturer, and model of your power supply including Wattage, and Amerage on the +12Vdc rail? This information should be on the sticker on the Power Supply.

9. theslayer14

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice