1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display driver not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bazzer07, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bazzer07

Bazzer07 Thread Starter

My card is Nvidia Geforce 8500. It suddenly stopped working whilst I was gaming causing my screen to freeze. Now everytime I try to launch a game it says 'Failed to find a suitable display device' I have checked device manager and theres a small yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in under my display adapter, and is giving error code 43 when I check properties.
    I have tried system restore, updating & restoring to factory condition - none have worked, I really don't know what the problem is. Please help.

2. oksteve

oksteve

are the drivers up2date ?

3. Bazzer07

Bazzer07 Thread Starter

A weird thing just happened..it detected my card and was working for an hour or so then screen freezes again, I restart PC and it's back to its old self :/ is it a sign of my card overheating or something?

4. Bazzer07

Bazzer07 Thread Starter

I think i've found the problem, not sure though. Here is a screenshot http://img684.imageshack.us/i/videodrive.jpg/ so theres 3 of the same video drive, 1 is updated (8.17) the other 2 are old version(7.15) how do I get rid of the old ones?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice