1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 332.21 stopped responding...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by OneHeroicNinja, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneHeroicNinja

OneHeroicNinja Thread Starter

"display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 332.21 stopped responding and has recovered"

Hello and thanks in advance for your help.

I am using a Dell XPS 8300 computer with the following specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
    64 Bit OS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Dell has attempted to help me with this problem. Prior to having this error pop up on my screen the computer would just have a blank screen at start up after the dell logo then the windows logo appeared. They had me run the computer in safe mode with networking and they have uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them, they ran CCleaner and fixed all registry errors/cleaned out temporary files, they installed and ran Windows Security Essentials and got rid of any malware. Finally, they decided to send me a new graphics card. They had a technician come install the new card and run a diagnostic test and update all drivers. Everything seemed to be fine but when I opened a game on the system that uses the more intense graphics, the screen went blank again. I have not played any games since but while browsing the internet at random times, I get the error message from the title of this post. The screen will go blank for a few seconds then reappear with that message. I have tried to do some research and have found that the error is probably something called TDR. However, I am not an expert and I am clueless. Please let me know at your earliest convenience the steps I can take to resolve this issue.

2. OneHeroicNinja

OneHeroicNinja Thread Starter

Can someone please help me with this?

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the wattage and complete description of the power supply in that Dell?

You might want to click the orange "Report" link and then request to have your thread moved to the HARDWARE or GAMES section.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1119473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice