Display driver stopped responding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zankaloni

Hi, my problem is about my GPU, the display drivers stop responding and then it recovers again. After that I cannot play any video what so ever (game, online video, etc). this is the message:
(Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - Display driver NIVIDA Winnows Kernel Driver, Version 285.62
stopped responding and has successfully recovered)

AND YES I AM USING THE LATEST NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Thank you.

This sounds like a driver problem but may be due to a faulty or overheating card.

If this is a latop then it should be given a good clean out with a can of compressed air. If you are not comfortable at dismantling the PC then just blow the air through all the ventilation slots.

If a desktop, remove the card and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and blow out the slot and the heatsink with a can of compressed air. Refit the card and try it again.

If still no go then follow this guide.

•Download the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia site for your card and version of windows and save it to the desktop.
•Go into Device Manager and locate the graphics card under Display Adapters, right click on it and select Uninstall.
•Run through this routine and locate any/all graphics drivers and delete them. Do not reboot, just close all the boxes to get back to the desktop.
•Double click on the driver that you saved to your desktop to install it.
•Now reboot and check the PC's performance.

zankaloni

Thank you Mark1956 for your reply. It is a PC, and I did face this issue with previous drivers. I really agree with the cleaning issue that you have mentioned. I will try it and let you know, but once I am back from my venation.

Thanks allot Mark.

Ok, enjoy your holiday and hear from you when you get back.

PC only means it is a Personal Computer, that doesn't tell me if it is a laptop or desktop PC.

zankaloni

I have tried your advise and cleaned up the video card & the slot, applying air pressure. I tried the Computer for one week with hard games such as BF3 & MW3 and everything is just fine and normal.

Removing & cleaning the card was the ONLY solution. Thanks a million.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online