1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Driver won't take to the system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xboo, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xboo

xboo Thread Starter

The problem is that my display driver will not stick. In dxdiag I don't have a display driver and when it tries to find one it just errors saying it can't find it.

No matter how many times I try to install it just does not stay with the system. I've recent reinstalled windows and no joy.

The following is information to try and assist with a solution.

I have a Nvida Geforce 9800 GX2 running on Vista 64 bit. I'm using the most current driver as of today, however have tried to install earlier versions but nothing sticks.

This one has really stumped me, any help greatly appreciated - happy to provide more information as required.

Thank you.

2. xboo

xboo Thread Starter

Sorry to bump but still need help.

Thank you.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Go to Device Manager, click the + next to Display Adaptors, right click the revealed adaptor > Properties > Driver tab > Roll back driver

That should let you go back to the driver you had before you installed the latest one.

Why do you want to do this ?

4. xboo

xboo Thread Starter

Done that and found the below

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

I'm gonna look into that some more but don't know right now what it means.

There appears to be a display driver but dxdiag and the system as a whole doesn't recognise it. I can't roll back because there's nothing to roll back to atm.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice