1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display flickers from boot to shut down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dattatraypj, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dattatraypj

dattatraypj Thread Starter

Hi all
    Ive got an assembled pc running windows xp. Its screen flickers (horizontal lines keep on dancing) constantly when i start my pc till i shut it down despite any application. I changed monitors, tried refresh rate, but no luck. Is it a problem with my motherbord. Is there any other option than replacing it.
    Plz reply.:eek:

2. BG-0

BG-0

Getting a non-integrated graphics card is an option.. Checking that it is really the onboard video(as I understood) would be necessary...

3. dattatraypj

dattatraypj Thread Starter

yeah it is an onboard graphics adapter. will an NVidia graphics card do the work.

4. BG-0

BG-0

Yeah, it will IF the onboard graphics is the problem. If you or any of your friends have an old spare graphics card, you should test your comp with that installed.

5. sinichi

sinichi

try another known good video card.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/736816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice