1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display goes black and pc dies

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by freebeans, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. freebeans

freebeans Thread Starter

I have a pc with 5200 dual proc chip 2.5 mghz. It has 4 gig memory. I have an nvidia geforce 610 external graphics card running 2 monitors. Everything was working fine until I installed windows up date. One of the updates was for the graphics card. Almost immediately after upgrade, I started having problems. Unit may run 10 minutes or several hours, then screen goes black and unit turns off. I have a dual boot machine, so I tried running under xp. It ran all day yesterday. No problem. I also ran it with the integrated video port and that worked ok. This morning I booted into windows 8, within 10 ninutes it died. I get an event id of 41. How do i figure out which upgrade causing problem and how do I remove it. I was gonna try restore However it wasnt configered to run before this happened.

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Have you tried booting with only one monitor connected..? And if you get the same problem with monitor "A" have you then tried booting with only monitor "B"..?

T.

3. freebeans

freebeans Thread Starter

Problem is fixed. I removed the device under device manager, then rebooted. It defaulted to an older driver that worked fine. I let machine run all night and day. Works fine. I then updated to lastest driver, still works fine.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

Good news..:) Please mark your Thread as "Solved".

T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice