Display Going Back To 4bit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
A

autobot_kill

Hi, currently reformatted my computer, have a geforce5600 videocard, my settings on display is at the highest, whichis 32bit. On more than one occasion, when I turn my computer on, the display is on 4 bit when previously it was on 32 bit. It seems like it doesnt remember the setting. When I go change the setting, the 32 bit selection is not available when I right click on the desktop, but when I do it through the control panel, it is available. So, all in all, it seems that when the computer is off for more than, lets say three hours, it goes back to 4 bit. Help!!! It wasn't doing this before the reformat. Everything else is working fine. Thanks.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hardware probably would have been a better place for this.

Moving there now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online