Display is to dark

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lcalder

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20200810020914.000000-360
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Hard Drives: C: 118 GB (10 GB Free); D: 917 GB (908 GB Free); E: 13 GB (1 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 8261, ver 83.71, s/n PGGTQ048JAK05W
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n 5CD810B1ZQ
Antivirus: ESET Security, Enabled and Updated

My display is getting to dark and I have it turned up to the brightness setting. What else could this be?

pencilpusher865

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
THIS is your HP OMEN 17-w220nr Notebook PC which was purchased in April 2018.
You should add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.

Is the display too dark when your notebook is running only on its battery?
Is the display okay when the power adapter is plugged in?
You may need to make some changes in the "Power Options" advanced settings.

--------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
You may be able change the brightness in the BIOS as you can on the Dell machines. But if you are showing darkness on AC connection and the power settings are not set to lower it then your screen may be faulty

lcalder

I was afraid you would say that!!! I have been looking for a new one as this computer because I thought this one is going out. Time to look harder. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online