1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display issues on PC after using as remote desktop target

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by amallen, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amallen

amallen Thread Starter

I have a laptop (IBM ThinkPad T42) I use to remote my PC (Dell xw8400 Workstation). Both run WinXP SP2. The laptop has a single display using an ATI Radeon 9600 series driver, the PC dual HP 1940 monitors running NVIDIA Forceware version 169.21 drivers. Remote desktop works fine from the laptop to the PC but after I logout the PC starts to exhibit display issues. After a time, parts of some application windows disappear. This happens most often with Firefox 3.0.2. Hovering my mouse over the disappeared parts of the screen will often make them reappear but then other parts disappear, making the app essentially useless. Exiting and re-starting the app doesn't fix the problem. Only a PC re-boot seems to work. I'm guessing it's a driver issue but I can't update the NVIDIA driver because the newer versions won't work with remote desktop at all. What could be going on here? A process left running after logging out of remote desktop? Anybody know a way to get my screen to refresh properly? All this re-booting is a pain in the butt.

Thanks,

amallen

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!