Display Prob In Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ramyanth

Hi guys, I have installed windows 7 Operating system. I have got a problem. The moniter turns off though computer (CPU) is switched on (system isn't turned off by me). After a minute, the keyboard and mouse also stop responding.

CPU Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

Computer And Other Details
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name 945GCM-S2L
PC System Type Desktop
Machine Type AT/AT COMPATIBLE
Infrared (IR) Supported No
Physical Memory 2040 MB Total, 1103 MB Free
Memory Load 46%
Virtual Memory 4080 MB Total, 2833 MB Free
PageFile Name C:\pagefile.sys
PageFile Size 2039 MB
In use 285 MB
Max used 291 MB
Registry Size 47 MB (current), 682 MB (maximum)
Profile GUID {1f658ec0-2f1d-11de-b08e-806e6f6e6963}
The system clock interval 15 ms

Ramyanth

I tried that already. But in vain.

Is my Processor (Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @ 2.00 GHz) compatible with Windows 7?

JustJudy

Judy
Did it ever work right after the install? Have you tried using safemode? Have you tried reseating the RAM? Have you tried swapping monitors? How do you know the mouse and keyboard aren't working if you have no display?

antech

Banned
JustJudy, seems he is guessin on that keyboard and mouse thing...
Maybe just the Keyboard is not showing up lights which is supposed to light up when the PC(Motherboard) Starts...

Ramyanth

After installing Windows 7, it worked without any prob for 2 days.
i started my sys in safe mode. And it was working well for about an hr. There's no prob in that.
I reseated the RAM also.
wen the moniter switches off, after a minute, i tried pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, but it showed nothing. I even pressed Caps & Num lock keys. None of the lights in Caps lock & num lock were glowing on the keyboard.

antech

Banned
Does the monitor has any Power Saving Options Inbuilt?
I had a friends case and the auto-adjustment feature automatically turned down the monitor

Ramyanth

No, the moniter doesn't hav any power saving options inbuilt. If it had, it shd have given same prob when i was using Windows Xp. but it dint.

antech

Banned
Windows 7 is the Most stable edition of windows i have ever seen.
But the fact is that most of the issues are related to Power Saving and related options like Hibernation,Standby and all like that.
The earlier versions never faced such problems.
I Wonder if Microsoft will EVER release any patches for these

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online