1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display problem in windows 8.1 forgot shortcut and display is now prurple and white

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sheals2000, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sheals2000

sheals2000 Thread Starter

Hi

I am new on here so not sure which forum will best help me. I used a keyboard shortcut to change the display on my sony vaio laptop. Found it on a web forum. It was used to make viewing video downloads better quality.

it was something like cntrl upper case and f12 and then you pressed the same keys to revert back to original display. I have now forgotten the combination and my display is stuck in a lower resolution and has a purple and white display on my desktop.

cntrl alt and f12 just brings ups the intel graphics box. can anyone help? I have been told I will need to do a refresh if I cant find the answer and I want to avoid this.

2. joe957

joe957

Can change display setting using "Display" on control panel.

Go To: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

3. sheals2000

thanks for replying Joe I have tried that but cant change anything. when I used the shortcut it made asound then flshed and changed the display. I was able to use the same short cut toreverse the action, but I have forgottenthe combination. I thin thre was the up arrow and f12 not sure if alt or ctrl

4. sheals2000

to try and explain further the shortcut I believe use the alt+shift+f12 this change my normal screen to a shades of purple and white background but improved viewing of videos.

I pressed the same combination and my display returned to normal. I did not change it back to normal after the last change and I have now forgotten the combination. I have tried the normal routes to change the display but all looks normal. A technical helpdesk had not heard of this shortcut and thought I would need a refresh to reset my lap top.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1151445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice