Display problem...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pwnapanda

So I've had this video card for a while and it's worked fine. Until recently, my monitor (which is an HDTV) isn't getting a signal from the VGA. I've tried multiple monitors and different cables even an HDMI cable. Nothing. So I took out the card, thinking that it was just done for, and used the integrated one on the motherboard. I connected a VGA into the motherboard and it still isn't picking up a signal. Anyone know why? I'm on my iPad sorry it's alittle choppy info.

First Name
Jay
Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

Pwnapanda

I had it custom built by a friend. No clue on motherboard but it has an intel pentium d CPU 2.8 ghz...3 gb ram...the graphics card was an ati radeon hd 5570 with 1 gb of ddr3 memory. The driver was ati2dvag.dll.....and 233 gb of hdd

Pwnapanda

I couldn't find out anything else, I don't wanna risk breaking it. Plus I cant turn it on to look at specs.

First Name
Jay
You can read the manufacturer and model number right off the motherboard. It should be silkscreened on the motherboard. You can usually also read the Power Supply information right on the side of the power supply. Though if it is a cheap power supply that may not give you much information. This of course will require opening the case.

Pwnapanda

The power supply is from Dell. The model is N 305P-05. A lot of it is In Chinese. The mother board is a dell also. I'm trying to find the model on it now.

Pwnapanda

Ok I think i found the number for the mother board. CN-0RF703-13740-6BR-020C...and there's a foxconn sticker on it as well if that helps.

Pwnapanda

Ok the on the 12v rails there are 18.0A each with a 305 max watt output. I also have windows xp 32-bit installed

Pwnapanda

Ok so I tried to turn it on today and it came on for about 3 minutes. Then it lost signal again. I also got the error beeping things...it was the sequence for a video error....obviously. But, when I turn off the computer, the monitor turns back on just to tell me there isn't a signal again. So it knows I turned off my pc, but why isn't it showing a display?

First Name
Jay
It would be helpful to know what model Dell the motherboard originally came out of. Dell motherboards are pretty much propriatary (built for Dell Cases). It is possible that the graphics adapter has gone bad. As far as the On Screen display of "No Signal" or Lost Signal, it is probably recieving a partial signal, then when you turn the computer off it is not even getting that. Does the motherboard have a PCIe slot or an AGP slot on it? If so you could always try a descrete video card.

Pwnapanda

I was using a descrete video card. That's where I'm getting partial signal, im getting no signal from the integrated video on the motherboard.

First Name
Jay
What is the model of the Video card? It could actually be that the power supply can no longer provide the proper power to operate the rest of the computer and the Video card. A 305W power supply is really on the very weak side.

Pwnapanda

Can it just go bad like that? Cuz I've had it working for months. Im using a ati radeon hd 5570.

First Name
Jay
Yes unfortunately any Computer Component can malfunction with no warning at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online