Display Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gogeo

I can't set my resolution in display to a higher resolution. The bar will not move at all. Stays only at the lowest resolutuin.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Were you ever able to set the resolution higher?
What happened to change the situation?
Are the video adapter drivers installed?
What's the make and model of the computer and the video adapter?

gogeo

Yes I have two operating systems running on the same hardrive. When running Windows 2000 computer display is okay but when running Windows 98 I have a problem seting display at higher resolution. I'm have a problem downloading a program on windows 2000 for a program for windows 98. So I'm trying to download on 98 but must have the higher resolution to download. It maybe one of the files is corrupted on 98.

valis

why do you need the higher rez to download? Chances are you need a different driver from 98 to 2k......did it ever work with both os's on there?

On the settings tab in Display Properties, make sure that your color setting is set to 256 color or higher (256 color, high color, or true color). If those options are'nt available, you need to reinstall the drivers as mentioned before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online