1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by 1crc, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1crc

1crc Thread Starter

My computer problem: everything on the display seems enlarged to the extent that a program will not "fit" on the screen. Parts of program don't appear on the screen. This all started after I re-installed Win 98 because of registry corruption.
    I tried to solve the display problem by adjusting the display setting (640 x 480) but the slider bar won't slide. I tried to update my Nvidia video card driver to adjust display setting but in the download got this message: "Setup unable to locate any Nvidia graphics chips on this system. Installation will be terminated." My equipment list shows a Nvidia video card.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. brianF

brianF

Which video card does it show

Reboot the machine is safe mode by restarting the machine, just after the memory count and before the windows loading message start tapping the F8 key, choose safe mode from the menu.
    Try installing the drivers now.

If that doesn't work download the zipped version of the drivers from www.reactorcritical.com unzip them to a folder, use the change drivers function in display properties, have disk, browse to where the drivers are unzipped, select the .inf file, hit okay

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice