1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Problems..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cybertaz126, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cybertaz126

cybertaz126 Thread Starter

Hey Everyone,
    This is a hard problem to explain. Hopefully i'll get my point across. I have my computer set up to when the screen saver comes on and someone moves the mouse it goes back to the welcome screen. So when i move the mouse the screen is zoomed in almost twice the normal size. If i want to see the top-left of the screen i have to move my mouse it that direction and the screen scrolls that way. I know i don't have it explained the best but maybe someone knows what i'm talking about. After i log in i have to right-click on the desktop, then properties, then settings, and change the screen resolution for it to go back to normal size.
    Anyone ever had this problem before?
    Thanks,
    Cybertaz

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Try re-installing the video driver for your system.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well that's kind of a strange system -- was there some 3rd party software thay you installed that switches you to the "welcome" screen during screen saver mode when you move the mouse, or is this a normal Windows option that I'm just not aware of?

Obviously what happens is when you revert to the welcome screen you are switching to VGA mode and when you log in, it is not switching back.

Maybe it's a display driver issue, maybe not.

Found this in the Screen Saver options, is yours so set up? (see attachment)

Attached Files:

4. cybertaz126

cybertaz126 Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick replies.
    Your were right Rollin'Rog about the screen saver setting. Something so simple can drive me crazy sometimes.
    Thanks again,
    Cybertaz

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That worked?! :D

I just discovered it myself, so I thank you for pointing me to something new :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!