1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fnesslee, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fnesslee

fnesslee Thread Starter

hi im having a problem with my display on my computer, the computer starts up normaly but when it goes to load the password screen the monitor comes up no signal and goes blank but i hear vista continue to load up. My hd tv is also connected via dvi to the graphics card and when i put the tv to the av channel windows comes up on it. i continue to load windows and then go to the nvidia control panel and go to set up multiple displays where my tv is shown as the primary display, when i click the dropdown menu my monitor is there but when click it as the primary display nothing happens i would be really gratefull if someone can help me out as its really doing my head in!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Assuming your video controller supports dual displays, it is possible that the computer is outputting a compatible video signal during the initial boot-up sequence. Then, when Windows starts up, it switches to a video video timing that is not compatible with your computer monitor

When you get to the nvidia control panel, do you have options for selecting different video resolutions and frequencies for the computer monitor?

3. By_Rock

By_Rock

Did you try this: Go to Control Panel\Personalization\Display Settings after look at the picture for how to setup. (Try to make your first-PC monitor is main monitor. Click on number 2, set it to low resolution like 640x480. This will fix your problem.)

[​IMG]

4. fnesslee

fnesslee Thread Starter

When i go into the display settings my tv is set to number 1 and my monitor as a small grey number 2, it won't let me change the monitor to number 1 so im still stuck?

5. fnesslee

fnesslee Thread Starter

my graphics card is a bfg geforce 8800 gts and my tv is connected to one dvi and my monitor to the other dvi, i havent had no troubles with this setup until one day when this problem just started to happen so i am confused?

6. By_Rock

By_Rock

I have same connection like yours. I have 19" LCD monitor and LG LCD TV. I used NVidia Control Panel (Version 1.5.2400.10) for set up. Here is a picture for setup.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice